Friday, February 20, 2009

It's been a while (I said that last time...)

I've got a career.

Well, I've moved into IT at least and am enjoying it immensely. Whether the poor sods I am supporting share my enthusiasm for me is undocumented, but what could be better than being faced with a sarcastic fat bloke who is just there to belittle you with the end result that you can get back on with your work which you hate anyway?

No-one has yet called to say that their machine is working perfectly. I suspect this won't happen.

I don't think I've yet become a geek, though I am typing this underwater using the latest mind-reading software which I wrote yesterday whilst not having a girlfriend. I think that qualifies me. I have started watching the IT Crowd with more interest to see if I recognise any facets. I see myself in Jen, the manager, but that's a different story for perhaps a dinner party where I say, "that IT Crowd bird - phwoooaarr". Guests (as if I invite anyone over) will choke on their cheese and macaroon (not the most successful smoothie ever) and live off my story for years to come.

One IT bonus is that I now have complete control over computers, knowing that one will never again crash on me mid sente

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home