Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's a Marathon, not a Snickers...

So I've stupidly decided to "run" the London Marathon on 22nd April 2007. I'm pretty sure of my reasons for doing it, yet I still find myself sat in the corners of rooms rocking back and forth, wailing like a lost child.

But I'm not screaming, "I want my mummy!", I'm screaming, "I WANT YOUR MONEY!!". I'm running to raise money for Asthma UK, an illness which afflicts over 5 million people in the UK, although I think they're just suffering from Asthma, not necessarily the UK bit on the end. Anyway, my initial target is £1,500 and if you look carefully above this post, you will see a box indicating how the fund-raising is going. Ifyou haven't donated yet and feel guilty about the 1.1 million children who suffer very badly from Asthma (UK?) and who would really benefit from your money, then please click on it to donate. Any amount, no matter how big or small is gratefully received and will be taken into consideration at the gates to Heaven. *

* nb this may not be necessarily the case and there are no refunds if you get let in there regardless.

I will be updating this on a regular basis to keep my fans informed of how my training is coming on. At the moment, my "long run" at the weekend was just over 7 miles and the one this weekend coming will be of a similar length. To put it in context that's the furthest I've ever run without police sirens to motivate me, so that feels very good. I appreciate that it is going to get a lot harder before it doesn't get easier, but I am ready for that. I sense a fortitude in myself which I have never felt before in my life. I may be getting my backside into gear late on in the day, but as James Brown said, "I'm heading for the turn around", and that feels good (he said that too).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home