Monday, January 23, 2006

Going, boeing, scone...

I haven't tried to sell myself on eBay just yet, but I can't imagine it will be long before I take myself off to the Post Office to see how much it will cost to send me second class to Norwich.

eBay really is a wonder in the modern age of disposable income, disposable contact lenses, disposable cameras, in fact disposable just about everything, but the difference is that we now know that our junk has a value and someone out there will pay money for our collection of Beano albums. I suppose it works as a 21st century barter system. My next sale will be my poor car (the clutch needs changing and it will cost too much) which is presently sitting outside my house. I'm going to start it at something silly like a pound and see how it goes.

I can't think of an ending for this post, so this sentence will have to do.

1 Comments:

At 10:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to bid one pound fifty please... I hope no one else scores it before I arrive in May... do you think it will sell quickly? Probably not. I'll let you know when I leave sunny Down Under for cloudy Ol' Blighty. I'll go as high as five quid .... but I'm sure that won't be necessary! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home