Monday, January 29, 2007

"Training" update

...and I do use the word advisedly.

This last week, being the fourth week, was intended to be a gentle seven days with just two midweek runs of low-level intensity, designed to give the body a rest in preparation for another hard three weeks, then another week at low-level and so on. Sadly, due to commitments at lunch and after work, the "gentle" training was in fact non-existent and midweek runs totaled a big fat 0.

Unperturbed, my weekend run was to be around the perimeter of Richmond Park (they won't allow me within the park after that incident with the deer), a distance of approximately seven miles, adding on a small loop to bring me up to the schedule's requisite eight miles. I did manage a circuit, but no loop sadly. I reckon, right, I reckon, it was because of the hilly nature of the park, right, and also, right, I reckon it was because of my unusually tight calves and sore shin, right, yeah, that's why.

Regardless of the reasons, it could have been a better run, but the hill training aspect will help in the long term. Next weekend is a nine-miler, one which with proper preparation, will I'm sure erase the memory of this week's less than impressive "training".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home