Monday, February 12, 2007

Double figures!!

That's the same amount of figures as 26 miles, so in theory I've pretty much run the race already. It was 10 miles in actual fact, but very hilly ones at that.

Myself and my weekend training partner (it’s the runner’s equivalent of a divorced dad taking his kids to McDonald's) went out kitted up with wet weather gear, and with a rough idea of the route. I knew from having cycled part of it last year that there would be an unavoidable and long incline to confront at some point. Thinking outside of the box, I cunningly planned the route so that we would run down the incline and even then towards the end of the run. Good plan, you might think…

Sadly, this meant we ran pretty much uphill for six miles just to negate the one hill which wasn’t even as bad as I remembered. The run did go through some paradoxically rural, yet chav areas, opposing stables with rabid unleashed dogs jumping fiercely and masochistically at a seemingly inadequate fence. I lived to tell the tale though and am now “looking forward” to interval training this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home