Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A stage I'm going through

As of last night and until Saturday, I am "performing" in an amateur production of Willy Russell's Stags & Hens. At one point during the opening performance last night, I dried, forgetting my next line, but was fortunate enough to be rescued by someone who evidently knows the script better than I do. I jumped on my saviour's gift with aplomb, but it also gave me the chance to do what everyone aspires to in every sphere of life - make it look like it's someone else's fault! If I had come in late with my line, everyone would have known the blame was at my door. Letting someone else do my dirty work allows me to metaphorically walk away whistling, hands in pockets, looking skyward.

We're sold out for every night and only have a handful of tickets left for our matinee which is great. Apparently, Swan Lake (being performed by professionals upstairs in the main theatre) went so horribly wrong that they had to bring the curtain down early, and even then, managed to knock a pillar over in the process. I'm not saying we're any better, it's just that we don't have a curtain to bring down when things look bad...

Here are a couple of photos from the play courtesy of the Wannabe Scriptwriter (http://wannabescriptwriter.blogspot.com/)

THE GIRLS, AGOG

THE BOYS AND A VERY DRUNK STAG

"AND DON'T COME BACK, YOU POOFTER!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home