Friday, March 09, 2007

Girl power

As the Spice Girls sang, all you need is positivity...

They did follow that line with "Slam it to the left (if you're having a good time), Shake it to the right (if you know that you feel fine), Chicas to the front (huh huh) and go round", so perhaps one shouldn't heed too much of what they say.

The point is since posting about my nightmare run last weekend, I've cycled into and home from work all but one day this week (losing my bike helmet en route on one occasion), have rediscovered healthy eating, and generally feel far better about the prospect of running through London for over five hours. Can I recommend Porridge? I would like to.

I also met up with a friend and her beautiful new baby girl for coffee, who also happens to be a fitness instructor in real life. Talking to her about my training and listening to her take on things (both she and her husband have run the marathon) was very uplifting and I'm very grateful to have people like that around to lift the spirits when they're a bit low. She did also say "Slam it to the left (if you're having a good time), Shake it to the right (if you know that you feel fine), Chicas to the front (huh huh) and go round" so perhaps I shouldn't heed too much of what she says...

2 Comments:

At 11:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's all going swimmingly again! Don't forget - "miles with smiles" - run along with a stupid grin on your face to fool everyone that you're enjoying it all.
Tally ho!
Fifi

 
At 3:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you. It will all be over soon. you are a better man than lots of us. I must sponsor you one of these days (remind me at the next Nandos)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home